With Pandit Parameshwar Hegde’s hand on the torch, Amrita has received awards and has performed in prestigious platforms in many cities in India, captivating patrons with her melodious voice. Some of her notable achievements include:
- B-high graded artiste of All India Radio in both North Indian classical music and light music genres and has performed for Yuva Vani on Amritavarshini, a classical music radio channel
- Recipient of Young artistes’ Scholarship from HRD ministry and CCRT Scholarship for Hindustani music from Ministry of Culture (Govt. of India)
- Has won the prestigious Kishor Pratibhe Award for Hindustani music category from Kannada and Culture Dept. (Govt. of Karnataka)
- Has won a Gold Medal for light music from Adarsha Sugama Sangeeth Academy, Bangalore
- Has a unique experience of teaching the tribal students of Heggadadevana kote (a tribal belt in remote Karnataka) for three consecutive years.
- Has performed in Doordarshan and other regional television channels
- Has performed at noted venues in various Indian cities (Pune, Bhopal, Kochi, Bangalore, Hubli, Dharwad, Sirsi, Honnavar, Udupi etc.)
- She has performed in the USA at Los Angeles (Avartan Music Festival, UCLA), San Francisco Bay Area (Sangeet Dhwani and Swara Lahari – Youtube recording here)
- Has lent voice for highly appreciated CDs and cassettes like Raag-Anuraag, Panatha, and a vachana CD brought out by Govt. of Karnataka
- She has lent her voice to independent short film (Chakori), theatre groups and Odissi dance performances
- Featured as a promising youth vocalist in the Devnandan Ubhaykar Yuva Sangeet Utsav promotional video – Catch a Rising Star
Other Notable Accomplishments
A Postgraduate in Behavioral Science, Amrita worked in the ecommerce industry as a writer and later on took up music as a full time profession. She was associated with the Shankar Mahadevan Academy for 2 years as a music teacher to students across the globe. Amrita associated with Indian Raga ( a startup that focuses on music education) as a music teacher, by creating teaching videos for students of various levels.
She aims to increase awareness in classical music and hence, continues to conduct music classes at her residence in the San Francisco Bay Area, California.